PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A visit to Jane Filer's studio

I've gotten very enthusiastic about creepy puppets, small ones (Punch and Judy) and large ones, like the ones Paperhand Puppet Intervention makes (check out their shows at the Forest Theater). We have a fabulous painter here in Chapel Hill, Jane Filer, I bought one of her paintings in December of 2005 and blogged about it. I took her class at the ArtsCenter (she's since left that long-time work to paint full time) and then bought another of her paintings as a birthday present to myself in 2007 (see my second (Jane Filer painting), and Hannah and I went to her Artists Retreat by the Sea in 2007 too, so you could say I'm a groupie. She does "giant heads" for her friends to wear at her art openings and I asked her if I could come by and take some pictures of them. It happened that yesterday she'd asked a young friend to come help her with the current giant mask so I got pictures of the whole affair. I don't want to post them all twice, so for the full report, including her unique construction technique, see The Giant Heads of Jane Filer at Squidoo. Here are a few more: Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home