PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Good quotes from dvd "John Adams"

I'm really enjoying the first disk of this series, John Adams. I had to stop the elliptical trainer twice today to write down a smidgen of the dialog.

1. Abigail Adams to her husband John: "You have overloaded your argument with ostentatious erudition." (Nota bene, all ye grad students and lawyers.)

2. John Adams to his son: "Manure is an art, and I consider my self an accomplished artist."

Which reminds me of what one of my website clients told me the other day, was he cribbing from this movie? "I regard myself as a sculptor, but my medium is bull-t."

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The quote re-printed on a JOHN ADAMS collectable at www.friendsofthewhitehouse.com is a good one.

“I pray Heaven to bestow the best of Blessings on this House and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise Men ever rule under this roof."

This was John Adams writting about the newly constructed White House.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home