PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Melinama becomes a patron of the arts

There's Tyndall art gallery in one of our local malls. I've walked by it hundreds of times without ever considering even putting my foot inside it.

But a year or two ago there was an exhibition of the work of Jane Filer. For the first time ever I found myself irresistibly drawn into a store (really, I can't think of another time this has ever happened) and was glued to each painting in turn.

It was about this time of year, just before my birthday.

Well, my son Zed and I were in the same mall two days ago, because he wanted to go to Hungates and buy a model rocket for his little brother.

We went by that gallery and dang if I didn't go in and actually buy this painting. Click on it for a larger view.


Never in my life did I think I would ever buy an original piece of art. But I'm very happy to have it, and Zed and I walk up close several times a day just to look at the way it was made (it's much, much brighter and more interesting in real life, something I guess I didn't appreciate about "real" art until now).

I'm taking my first painting class ever in January, from this very artist! How lucky can you get! I bought my supplies and yesterday Zed and I made wonderful daubs for hours.

Technorati Tags:

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger Badaunt said...

I LOVE it - and I can see exactly why you succumbed to your first ever original art buy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home