PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Illustration Friday - "Chair"

My aunt MJ gave me this Hitchcock rocking chair (it used to be dark blue but I painted it white) when my mom died. My mom had had a rocking chair I really wanted, but my aunt wanted it to, so this was the replacement.

When my aunt died, my brother got the rocking chair I wanted. But I still have this one. I've been sitting in it every day for more than 20 years.

UPDATE: My son Zed has posted a comment on my blog for the first time! Read it (below) for the sorry tale of and irritable woman and a persistent, stupid fluffy grey cat fighting for this very chair.

Technorati Tags:

6 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, Blogger Anonymous said...

Can tell you love the chair from the painting! There is a warmth and love in the colours and reflections - also painted with care :)

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger HARDWAX said...

this is a wonderful chair illo-the pinkish and blue hues,the delicious burgundy shawdow-sublime

 
At 5:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this colors.Well done!Beautiful chair.

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't forget the story of digit the cat!

we had a giant well-meaning but slow-witted fluffy gray cat whose favorite place to lie was atop the purple cushion. . . .

sadly mom also liked that cushion, and when they came into direct conflict the tall one with opposible thumbs usually one

digit had. . . persistence, cuteness and a powerful guilt-trip

mom had size, brains, and significant frustration

mom used to gradually tilt the chair till poor digit was forced to ungracefully plop to the floor. although the guilt trip won out a time or two, the chair-tip proved to be the more effective weapon.


-zed

 
At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful story and beautiful chair.
Lovely!
a.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Tessa said...

What a wonderful peice! Brava.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home