PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Thursday, February 02, 2006

My 100,000th visitor.

Melina and I received our 100,000th visitor yesterday - as close as I can tell, it was an Alborada fan from Bucharest. I didn't know telenovelas are airing in Eastern Europe!

About two-thirds of the people currently visiting Pratie Place are coming for the Alborada recaps. Thanks to all my new visitors! It's been quite a surprise to see how many people who don't understand much Spanish are addicted to Alborada. I'm enjoying the recap project, though it keeps me up too late at night. Thanks for your many comments, corrections, additions, and speculations.

And thanks to our old visitors, who probably have no interested in this lurid tale whatsoever. I hope you are patiently skipping over my twice-weekly recaps and visiting anyway! Because after a while Alborada will end and I hope you will still be with us ...



Technorati Tags: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think they used to show it here in the Philippines. I couldn't say for sure, but it was a soap opera in Spanish in period dress. Cable also has a Spanish language station that shows contemporary soaps and the people here watch them, though they can't understand a word of it. American education made sure of that. Although most of the surnames and street names here are still in Spanish.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home