PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Friday, December 16, 2005

I'm not always a grinch.

A little "aww" - my extremely cute niece Dasha and the from-a-box gingerbread house she made with the help of my daughter Melina, who went out to Los Angeles for a few days to visit. (Melina also decorated their Christmas tree.)





Dasha is the Russian Orthodox daughter of my day-trading brother and his Russian wife. My other four nieces are fundamentalist Christian daughters of my other brother, who is a born-again robot designer in Massachusetts. My kids and I are Jewish. Isn't America a great place?

My brothers and I live as far away from each other, almost, as you can get, while still being in the continental United States. I miss them all the time, despite our differences.

See earlier gingerbread houses here, here, and here, and here is the construction-grade gingerbread recipe Menticia and I used in our speed-gingerbread project.

Technorati Tags:

1 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger kenju said...

I think that would get very interesting at family get-togethers. I am all for eclecticism though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home