More Powerpoint Bashing
In March I wrote about How Much I Hate Powerpoint. Now I see at the Dragon's Tale that
use of computers in school to create presentations was negatively associated with writing test scores. According to the researchers, this negative relationship may result from students spending less time writing during class time and more time creating and revising multimedia projects that contain relatively small amounts of written work.Which was just my gripe as I watched the kids fiddling with dinosaur pictures instead of writing anything...
Chenoweth also links to stories called:
- Does PowerPoint make us stupid?
- Does PowerPoint Make You Stupid
- A Complete Waste of Time: PowerPoint Makes You Stupid
- NASA: PowerPoint Makes You Stupid
- PowerPoint Makes You Dumb
Technorati Tags: Powerpoint, Education