PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Monday, March 21, 2005

A patronizing father



I've just started writing for Blogcritics.org (see a link to my reviews in the sidebar). I wrote about the Complete Cartoons of the New Yorker - maybe you noticed a few of them here... I can't speak to the current era since I'm plodding through the 1930s and the 1960s, but, how extraordinarily annoying their zeitgeist was in those early decades!

My dad was like this dad. In fact, one of his last acts before passing away was to get my daughter a subscription to Newt Gingrich's newsletter in an attempt to counteract my hippy influence. He always thought I was a communist.

Technorati Tags: , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger Craig said...

My mother once wall-papered a bathroom with covers from the New Yorker in one of the houses where I grew up. That's usually where we'd read them. The cartoons were always the first thing I'd look at and once in a while I'd see an article or story I wanted to read. Don't think I ever used the table of contents. Great post about the Bowens. I'll have to check my tree to see if I've got anything on Jane Conner. Possibly a relative.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home