PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Celebrity Goat Farm revisited at the Carrboro Farmers Market

Melina and I went by the Farmers Market in Carrboro today, it was the first one of the season. She wanted to buy local items to take back to yuppie-land. Here she is buying pecan and sweet potato pies.



Castle Rock Gardens had this metal sign which was very cool. They were selling their own hens' eggs.



Anyway, our visit reminded me I needed to update one of my earliest posts, about the excellent and unusual Medieval-Polish-Russian-Unitarian wedding my band played at the Celebrity Goat Farm. At the time some people emailed skepticism about this place and I could not find their website.

I met up with them today at the Farmers' Market and realized that at some point after we did the gig, the Dairy upgraded its name. Or maybe I misremembered it in the first place. So that's why I couldn't find them. Here is their website: Celebrity Dairy.

And here is their Farmers' Market representative, helpfully holding down the corners of her banner in the wind so I could take a picture.

3 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous. Our farmers market doesn't start until April.

Of course, we're not having anything remotely resembling spring yet, either.

 
At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love farmer's markets! even if I don;t buy much I just love looking. Ive was in North carolina was I was little but would luv to go back one day.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger hearts81 said...

I'm jealous too. We are still in the middle of winter here... at least it seems like it.

And thanks for stopping by. As for the jello hair... I have seen it used and it makes the most awesome shade of green. How long it took her to get out I don't know. She started with grey and went green for St. Patrick's Day.

Shirley
A Touch of Style :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home