PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Love Update

I believe Borracho may be out of the picture. We're down to exchanging two-word emails, two days apart. I think the bottom blew out of the whole thing. I am a bit relieved, to tell you the truth. I actually believe that your first 24-hour period of knowing someone can set the tone for the entire relationship - that in just a few formative hours you can set up power dynamics that last for years, and during those hours both of you decide exactly which of your personal psychological defects will be activated, enhanced or healed by the relationship.

Undaunted by the disappearance of Borracho, and supported by that "everybody's doing it" feeling, I joined a personals website. By putting my picture up on said website (all the while reciting to myself in a soothing tone "everybody's doing it") I earned 200 "points" which they claimed I could then use to contact "men."

For some reason, the inventors of this personals website made it extremely complicated. They seemed very afraid that it would be taken over by advertising-bots and also that people would put up their email addresses directly and thus avoid the need for their stupid "points" system in the first place.

Seeing as how I was a little nervous about the whole thing to begin with, I spent the whole evening trawling the website in states of alternating delight, that so many men existed, and panic, that I was unable to manipulate the website in order to approach the ones I liked and avoid the ones I did not. It was like being in an bar, if the bar was underwater, and you were surrounded by 50 David Blaines and you had one hand tied behind your back.

Readers, I think I spent my 200 points well - I spent them on El Compositor, of whom more will be ere long told.

2 Comments:

At 5:04 AM, Blogger melinama said...

Oh, this gives me an excellent idea for a future post - your first 24 hours with ... El Trozo ... El Parpadeo ...

Maybe I'll do one too! If I can remember.

 
At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Medium Large is next in my daily rotation after Pratie Place, and I jsut had to come back and post this link:

http://www.drinkatwork.com/mediumlarge.html

If it's no longer today:

http://www.drinkatwork.com/2006/05/comic-for-thursday-may-11-2006.html

Bill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home