PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Monday, February 04, 2008

Melinama does Illustration Friday: "Blanket"

When Mike and I convened for our Sunday afternoon painting I told him I was coming up blank for a "blanket" picture. He said he had lots of ideas, and one he suggested was mother and child wrapped in a blanket. This reminded me of the Smithsonian's cover for December, an ethiopian painting (see below). I decided to do a rendering of it, it's not my usual subject matter by a long shot but it was lots of fun. I painted it over top of last week's picture.


I think this Ethiopian painting is fabulously gorgeous.


Technorati Tags:

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I know you were woking with a limited palette, I like the brightness of your blues and greens vs the original.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home