PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

My Sukkah

Finally, a pretty day. I was able to practice outside under my leafy thatch this morning, as chickadees sat on the branches and yelled at me! I felt utter contentment.

Adding to my good mood:

(1) Bob and I got seven cuts done yesterday for our new cd;

(2) The eight Triangle Jewish Chorale members who are doing the "91st birthday party" fiesta on Sunday sounded like angels last night; and

(3) My dead furnace turned out to be victim of a Rhinocerous beetle which had committed suicide by bifurcation within the blower mechanism. CWJ Heating and Cooling representative John shook the blower and the two halves of the beetle fell out. He put the furnace back together and it worked. "I've found frogs, birds, even snakes in them furnaces," he told me philosophically. Beetle removal: $90. "Do you want to give him a name on your repair tag?" John asked. I love John.


Technorati Tags: ,

3 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like your sukkah. The ones that have sprouted in public spaces in my town this year have 4 walls and even a door. I'd really like to see what or who's inside, but I just don't know if that's proper. What do you think?

 
At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the visual. Now, I can picture myself sitting there sharing a banana and a cuppa tea with you. ~~~~ Susanlynn

 
At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beetle removal $90....John's humor...priceless....Mastercard,,,don't leave home without it. Susanlynn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home