The "New Blog Carnival Showcase"
Lucas Brachish at Celebrity Cola is sponsoring this week's New Blog Carnival Showcase. I looked at almost all of them and here are my souvenirs in alphabetical order:
- This poignant lament about having to spend time with the children, from Haiku4you:
what? five day weekend?It reminded me of that 909-Texas-moms survey being tossed around the net these days, you know: that the vast majority of those 909 moms would much rather watch tv than be with their kids
do these kids ever do school?
you're killing me smalls
- Quotes gleaned by Bird Dog at Maggie's Farm:
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." (Hunter S. Thompson)
"Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does, the better." (Andre Gide)
- Technudge in a post-Valentine's post shares the pain of researchers who have not yet been able to identify the pheromones female German cockroaches use to let males know they are ready to mate.
"The German cockroach is the one we wanted because it is a worldwide pest that gives all the other cockroaches a bad name," said Cornell University entomologist Wendell L. Roelofs (Hmm, update, maybe I misunderstood that post: Coturnix, another new blog showcaser, sends this saying "just in time"! The article has a nice picture of a female cockroach in heat. Some people have all the fun.)Technudge also reports that cellphone jammers are "selling like hotcakes on the streets of New York." (They are illegal but I want one.) Among other more sympathetic uses is this malign one: hotel chains may employ jammers to cut down on guests' cellphone use and boost in-room phone charges.
- Witnit tells us "The next Time Travel class will be held two weeks ago" and discusses "The Satan Maneuver" - which he first noticed when a TV interviewer asked an evangelist (who said the world was created 6,000 years ago) about scientific discoveries of fossils that were undoubtedly millions of years old. How could the minister account for those age-old fossils? The minister replied simply, "Satan put them there."
Witnit also resurrects one of my favorite jokes:
A bishop, a priest, and a peasant were in a great European cathedral. The bishop approached the alter rail, beat on his chest and declared, "I am nothing. I am nothing." Then the priest approached the alter rail, beat on his chest and declared, "I am nothing. I am nothing." The humble peasant was moved to imitate the bishop and the priest, so he approached the alter rail, beat on his chest and declared, "I am nothing. I am nothing."
The priest turned furiously and hissed into the priest's ear, "Who the hell does he think he is?"
- Lastly, I liked Celebrity Cola itself. Lucas passes along a plea to keep Arrested Development on the air (we watch it on the trainer and chortle regularly and I love the ukulele theme song)
Technorati Tags: Humor, Blog