PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The bloggers' favorite hobby...

... navel gazing. Wait, readers, have you ever in your lives seen lint THIS color before? Now, visit Andy who answers the question: "How many discussion group posters does it take to change a lightbulb?"

Two writers asking the "why do we blog?" question recently: Sigmund, Carl and Alfred and ZeNeece (who, following what I'm starting to see is a common practice, answered the question for herself in the comments on a different blog, Just Ask Judy). Here's mine:

"Well, if you are a lurker you accumulate a lot of thoughts which build up pressure in your brain and if they were to be queued up in there too long they might fester and explode and that would be messy.

"Once in junior high I had to cook dinner. My mother told me (I thought):
'Put your finger on that little gizmo on the top of the pressure cooker and hold it down until it forms a seal.'
"So I stood there holding the little gizmo down and watching the pressure build up (there was a dial with a red arrow and the red arrow was slowly, quiveringly, inexorably moving in a clockwise direction) and thinking:
'This does not make any sense - perhaps I misunderstood'
"So finally I decided to let go and run for it and there was instantly a tremendous amount of tomato sauce and pulverized potatoes etc on the ceiling. And I got in a lot of trouble. I do not want this to happen again and that is why I blog."

Technorati Tags: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Well, that has got to be the best reason that I've ever read for blogging. Tomato sauce on the ceiling is one thing, but brains are in short enough supply as it is. We don't want to have good ones exploding on us. ;-)

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger kenju said...

I agree with Kimberly; we certainly don't want you to explode anytime soon. You inform us too well on so many varied subjects!

Blogging keeps me from talking out loud as much as I usually do, and for that, my husband is grateful. He calls me "Miss know-it-all" anyway. I do like to see comments in response to my blog, but I will continue to blog whether it stirs anyone enough to respond or not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home