PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

The ketubah is finally finished.

I finally finished it! As I got closer and closer, I stayed away for longer and longer, afraid to wreck what I'd done already. Finally yesterday I bit the bullet and put the paintbrush on this for the last time. The original is 22 x 30.

By the way, around here there aren't many places to go to get such a large piece scanned. I recommend Pam-Or Fine Print in Raleigh - the owner is mighty nice and he did this right on the spot (I did get a couple pages of Yiddish translated while I waited, it's not so quick).

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Beautiful! I know it will be cherished for generations!

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Cap'n Sylvia Sharkbait said...

That's absolutely lovely. I didn't know what a ketubah was so I looked it up. Very interesting.

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Joseph Clough said...

Now that is very cool and great to put that energy and time into it!

Although I am off to look up Ketubah now :)

 
At 7:08 PM, Anonymous susanlynn said...

The color and detail is amazing. I admire your stick-to-it-ness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home