PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Friday, November 09, 2007

Hannah: the Early Years

I just dug these out of a shoebox full of memories...



This is Hannah's great-grandfather Albert Farber, who came to this country from Odessa when he was 16 years old. He was a tall man with legs bowed by early rickets. He helped me learn Yiddish songs back in the 80s...


Hannah's dad took this picture while we were in Ontario, his family owns some land there by the Gananoque River.


This picture is one of a series taken on the day Hannah's dad got his graduate degree. Bob and I used one of the other pictures for the cover of our third recording. I still have this dress up in the attic but I can't look at it because it makes me cry. I think I wore it when I was that age, too...




This is Zed, Hannah, my brother Matt, my favorite aunt Mary Jane and her companion Muriel at their home in Buxton, on the Outer Banks.


Hannah is an excellent baker, if I say so myself. She can braid a mean challah! Shabat Shalom my dear, and happy birthday!



.

5 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely birthday tribute.

Happy Birthday Hannah from California!!

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely photos...and look at you with the dark hair !!! My younger daughter Julianne has very similar coloring. Thanks for sharing. Happy birthday, dear Hannah.~~~~~

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Ma! I love you!

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Alma said...

A true natural beauty, right from the start!

 
At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful collection of photos, Melinama.

Jeanne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home