PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Monday, November 05, 2007

From Quotes of the Day

I haven't been keeping up with my blog subscriptions. Today I went through 200 Quotes of the Day and found these I wanted to keep (since Pratie Place is, among other things, my filing cabinet):

Thomas A. Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."

Edward P. Tryon: "In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time."

Scott Adams: "If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?"

Rita Rudner: "I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult."

Charles Kuralt: "Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel from coast to coast without seeing anything."

Frank Zappa: "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff."

Logan Pearsall Smith: "People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading."

Mark Twain: "It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech."

Susan Ertz: "Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon."

Professor Irwin Corey: "If we don't change direction soon, we'll end up where we're going."

Jef Raskin: "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining."

3 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing those quotes. I collect quotes ...I write my favorites down in journals...and those were some good ones.

 
At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing those quotes. I collect quotes ...I write my favorites down in journals...and those were some good ones.

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some good ones, and the last one made me laugh out loud. However I do complain if the computer explodes, which explains why the boyfriend removed the picture-hanging hammer from the office several years ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home