PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Seeing through donkey-colored glasses

I've been taking Jethro on his first walks-around-the-block, trying to get him used to the outside world. Our street is very quiet, thankfully, but every once in a while a car comes by at a stately pace. On his second outing this caused Jethro to bolt in panic. He then trotted up a neighbor's driveway, pooped there, and waited for me to take him home.

Today I managed to get his rope wrapped around a tree when a dump truck came by, and I whispered reassuring things into his ear until his panic subsided.

Then, surprisingly, he did just fine when a hound - despite its very young owner yelling "Fido, that's NOT a dog!" - came roaring towards us.

But suddenly he stopped dead when there was nothing around. I was so perplexed. Then I looked harder. It is Garbage Day. To me, garbage cans:



To Jethro, Scylla and Charybdis:


We went up to quite a few of them and investigated. Now, hopefully, they've been added to the list of things which Jethro is relatively sure will not eat donkeys.

Technorati Tags: ,

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I've always liked your site, but I confess I check back twice as often to see if Jethro or the Chicks are featured. Sorry, but he's SUCH a fine looking animal. Glad you're both enjoying the bonding process...

 
At 2:59 AM, Anonymous Tara said...

Love this post. The dragons with the donkey are hilarious and illustrated the point perfectly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home