PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The most romantic whatever (from Beulah Land)

My daughter's friend has a blog called Searching for Beulah and he asked folks for a list of most the romantic whatever. My first thought - I'm a completely unromantic person. Gradually I remembered that hasn't always been the case.

So, anyway, here are some of his categories, with my choices. Visit his link above for the complete list:

Most romantic novel: The only one I've responded to within the last year or so was The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. When I was in high school I sighed over the love between Lord Peter Wimsey and Harriet Vane in the Dorothy Sayers mysteries. I'm afraid to read them again for fear they wouldn't live up to my memories...

Most romantic song(s) (English:) I did a whole album of the most romantic songs I knew, Sedgefield Fair with Jacqueline Schwab and Robbie Link, back in 1993. One of the most romantic: "The Ploughboy Lad" (here's a free mp3 download if you're curious). (You can even buy the album here via PayPal.)

Most romantic song (Hebrew): Ta-am Haman

Most romantic piece of classical music: Rachmaninoff's Variations on a Theme by Paganini (the famous part)

Most romantic movie: Much Ado About Nothing (1993)

Most romantic work of visual art: Just about the entire Hudson Valley School, like these two:






Most romantic vacation destination (can be somewhere you’ve been, or not): The Caucasus Mountains (if they're not that beautiful any more, don't tell me).

Most romantic three-course meal menu: It was in Paris. I forget the name, doesn't matter, I'll never see it again...

Most romantic type of weather: When the sky is dark but the sun is shining

Most romantic spot in your high school town: If there was one, nobody ever showed it to me.

Most romantic spot in your college town: The archway of Calhoun College in the early evening

Most romantic spot where you live now: The top of Occoneechee Mountain.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was L'Epi Dupin. Who knows, maybe you will see it again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home