PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Telenovela Alborada, #26

This is a recap of the Univision telenovela Alborada. In order to read the whole post, you click "read the rest" at the bottom of this summary!

If you are new, please visit the recaps in ORDER - they are listed to the right under a picture of Doña Juana and Modesta. See the bottom of this post for more information.

Monday: Cristóbal is dosing the recently-shot Luis with laudanum while Luis's rescuers, those ragamuffin nogoodniks Ramon and the mute Arcadio - the very same ones who do Gasca's dirty work and who kidnapped Hipolita to the beach so many episodes ago - are waiting for Cristóbal in the other room, fingering his expensive stuff and wondering how much it's worth.

CLICK HERE TO READ THE REST!
  • Cristóbal asks about their finding of Luis, but they haven't much to tell. He gives them a big bag of money to keep quiet, but Ramon says what they need most is jobs - they're broke, Perla doesn't want them, their lives have gotten very dangerous. Cristóbal heaves a big sigh and tells them to come back in the morning. Soon everybody in the entire world will either be living or working at Cristóbal's palace.

    Aurelio says R & A are "a pair of murderers." Cristóbal: "Poverty and ignorance put people on wrong paths, and besides thanks to them Luis didn't die in the street. In the morning, find them any old thing to do, but make sure they bathe first, and give them uniforms. As long as they work for me, they'll keep their mouths closed."

    With their new bag of money Ramon and Arcadio go drinking. It sounds like Ramon would like to rob Cristóbal blind but Arcadio grunts that the people at the Palacio Lara are too nice to rob. Just then Gasca comes up and asks what they've learned about Victoria and Sara. They say that kind of meddling is proving too dangerous and they could end up dead.

  • Rodrigo is finally leaving for Panama. His buddy Antonio asks him to send a letter as soon as he gets home, and to go to the bank and make sure some of Antonio's funds are being sent to him in Mexico. "Are you tapped out?" "No, but ... well, if I need money I can get a loan." "From Diego?" "Nah, he's too ... strange."

    Ada tells Hipolita she wishes they, too, were going back to Panama. Hipólita says it's too risky, and Antonio doesn't know if his property has been appropriated by the revolution. At least here he has the vanilla plantation... "Would you rather stay or go?" "Don't ask me that."

  • Isabel hears Luis has gone on a voyage! She seeks out Juana, who's sitting in the garden telling Modesta: "You can't imagine how much I'd have given for Diego to be like Luis." Luis's disappearance is news to all. Isabel blames Luis's leaving on Juana's harsh revelation - that he was just a collected baby plucked out of a stage coach over the corpses of his anonymous parents.

    Marcos tells Isabel - who's smoking like a chimney these days - that he thinks Gasca shot Luis.

  • Everybody thinks it's odd that Luis would go on a henchman-free vacation. "He never travels alone." The henchmen, meanwhile, are fuming with indigation that they're under Luis's gag order and quite unable to help him in any way.

  • Isabel and Juana and entourage arrive at Lara, observed by Francisco, who becomes curious and orders his wife to find out from Catalina what's going on.

    Catalina buckles and tells - but orders Asunción not to tell Francisco! When Francisco subsequently asks Asunción what she's discovered, she puts him off, tells him to find out himself if he's so curious. He stalks out. Look at that! She showed a little backbone!!!

  • Ramon and Arcadio look hysterical in their newly styled hairdos and fancy duds, knickers and kneesocks. We see them doing useless jobs.

  • Antonio urges Andrés to forgive Marina for having been raped. When Antonio reminds him, once again: "We all commit errors -- well, haven't you?" Andrés looks down at his hands creepily - remember when he suffocated that guy on Gasca's orders?

  • At the palace, Gasca grabs Marina and shakes her, ordering her to tell what she knows about Sara and Victoria. Marcos strides up in a fury and orders Gasca to stop. Gasca says, "Don't meddle, I'll have you fired."

    Marcos, unintimidated, proposes a duel - pistols or fists. Gasca says pistols would be too easy so they start having a girly fight with silly punching in the bushes. Gasca growls. Isabel bustles in and hits Gasca with her umbrella. Then Juana strolls in. Isabel tells her to fire Gasca: "I don't want to see him around the palace, he displeases me profoundly."

  • So then Gasca goes to Diego to report on his supposedly successful murder of Luis. "Did you do it?" "Yes, with my pistol I dropped him in the dirt." "Why hasn't anybody been here to tell us [about the dead body of Luis]?" Gasca gives an explanation I didn't quite get but then Isabel comes in with her note and both boys go blank. Is it astonishment? Who can say?

    Gasca asks a favor: "Get rid of Marcos. I represent your authority and he defies me." Diego fingers a busted-up place on Marcos's face and asks, "Did he do that?" A rueful yes is the response.

  • Luis, lying nobly wounded in bed, asks for Hipólita and Rafael to visit. She gets the message and rushes to see him. When she arrives at Lara, Ramon and Arcadio, carrying a carpet, do a quick about-face to avoid being seen by the woman they kidnapped.

    Hipolita goes into Luis's room, and tells his sleeping form, "You can't go, you can't abandon us, you are my rock, Rafael and I need you, I love you with all my soul." She leans down and kisses his sleeping lips except then he opens his eyes happily and says, "I heard you. I'll never abandon you, in fact as soon as I get out of here I'm going to steal you and Rafael away. It's a sacred promise."

  • Felipe and Marcos are antsy to see Luis and help him; Cristóbal convinces them to try and lead their normal lives.

  • Antonio tells Hipolita he's going out to do some business with Malaquias. She calls Diego a nefasto (disaster) and Antonio agrees. "Then why is he your friend?" "At least he's sincere, not like those people around here who lie all the time." She looks a little guilty...

    She rhetorically wonders to Ada: "How can Antonio not have noticed how awful Diego is?" In a quick change of subject she then says: "If Luis won't give me up, then I won't give him up either. I'll go with him the minute he asks." "That's what you say now, because he's hurt and you feel sorry for him, but later when you have a cooler head you won't go."

Tuesday: I watched this with Zed and we talked a bit while we watched so you may catch more errors than usual ...
  • Esperanza's sister and brother visit her lonely grave in the outback. The sister wants to go home. Santiago wants to wait and say goodbye to Luis, "but if he hasn't come back by tomorrow we'll leave." They agree they don't want to see Diego, "how did he dare say he was sent by the Virgin?" "I hate to leave her here..."

    On their way back, it's gridlock in the plaza. Santiago gets out to see why their carriage has stopped; providentially, the guy he asks happens to be wearing the dead Agustín's tie pin! Agustín, you remember, was father to Santiago and to Esperanza and to this other sister, and also was father to Hipólita. He was murdered by Gasca a few months ago because he knew inconvenient things (e.g. that Juana had switched babies). Gasca had then taken a few trinkets off his corpse and sold them to a guy in a tavern one night.

    Santiago starts shouting about the tie pin and a mild ruckus ensues. Felipe arrives; the two of them send Santiago's sister back to the Palace and go to the guards' commandant with the tie-pin guy.

    Tie-pin guy says huffily, "When one buys something, how would one ascertain it had been stolen?" He says he bought it off Tomas "the Sevillano." The captain says he'll investigate.

    Felipe whispers to Santiago that the two of them should try to get to the Sevillano before the guards do. So they go to Sara's hideout and ask of her yet another favor... Sara does know the Sevillano. Armed with the description of the other jewels Santiago describes, Higinio takes them to the Sevillano's house, tells them to wait outside, and instantly returns with the information that the jewels (and the tie pin) were sold to the Sevillano by - Amilcar Gasca! Ta-da!

    The guards come riding up to arrest Tomas, but Felipe and Santiago already have what they need. Santiago asks, "who was that veiled woman?" Felipe says: "She controls la hampa (the underworld) in the city."

    Higinio leaves them, saying "They'll take him to jail, but the commandant is corrupt and so he'll be out soon." Higinio also thinks Gasca will never get jail time for murder because he works for the Count of Guevara. It's an unfair world.

    It's agreed to keep this little episode from Diego and Juana. "Gasca is their dog and they'd help him escape."

  • Back at Antonio's house little Rafael is finally starting to talk. As he says "Papa papa" Hipólita gets all mushy dreaming about living on a farm or ranch with Luis and watching him teach Rafael to ride a horse and grow "handsome and strong" like his father. Ada says it's just a dream and the only way it's gonna happen is if Antonio falls off his horse and dies. "Don't say that. Anyway, what's wrong with dreaming, for a moment I was in another world and I was happy."

  • Juana asks Diego why he didn't come down to the dining hall. "I didn't feel well." "You felt well enough to go out partying." They discuss the story of Luis going on a trip, Diego says "We're finally rid of him." Juana says the marriage contract (I still haven't seen the fat widow) will be ready next day, Diego drily says he wants to be presentable for his intended. Juana: "Then don't get drunk, and why don't you spend some time with your daughters, you never even look at them."

    She leaves. Enters Gasca, who's been discreetly asking around to see if a homicide was reported last night. "Nobody found a body in the street where I shot him." Diego is on his chamber pot (throne, really) grunting away as Gasca speculates about the "voyage" theory. Gasca then reminds Diego to fire Marcos as promised.

  • Isabel is incredulous. She has a hard time swallowing the "voyage" story: "Luis wouldn't leave without saying goodbye to me! He wouldn't abandon me to this zozobra!" I guess she's referring to Diego or maybe the whole Guevara family mess.

    Zozobrar: capsize, founder.

  • Marina wants to go visit Catalina but Isabel wants to stay at the palace in case Luis comes back. While saying Marina should also visit her mother, she realizes she has nobody to send with Marina: "I own a palace and I have no flunkies at my disposal. Wait, I know ... MARCOS!"

    Then Luis's servant comes in and is surprised to hear Luis has gone on a voyage - if he did indeed go on a trip, he left without any of his clothes and also without his horse! That's the last straw, Isabel decides to ask Cristóbal about all this.

  • Gasca sees Marcos, still on the grounds, and shouts, "What are you doing here? Diego fired you!" "I told you, I don't take orders from Diego!" "Well, Luis is gone and may not be coming back."

    Words lead to swords and the two are whacking away at each other when Juana swoops in shouting "STOP IT!" Marcos stops, but Gasca takes one last swipe and slashes Marcos. "Coward, I told you to stop!" "Oh, I didn't hear you." (I think there's a comic in Gasca waiting to come out. Let's see what his next gig after Alborada turns out to be...)

    Gasca is again demanding of Juana that Marcos be fired. Isabel suddenly swoops in and says, "No, it's you, you're fired. ... Juana, don't make me... don't make me..." So Juana tells Gasca he's fired! "What are you waiting for! Get out of here!" Juana staggers away leaning heavily on Modesta's shoulder, which is on a level with Juana's waist.

    Juana is mortified that, now that the Palace belongs to Isabel, she has to carry out Isabel's orders. "I feel like I hate her." Modesta says: "Just pretend. She's sentimental ... choose your words right and she'll be eating out of your hands." Juana coughs weakly.

  • At the Palacio de Lara, Isabel sweeps past Ramon and Arcadio, dressed in their fine livery getting a sweeping lesson. (They'll get the hang of those brooms yet.) Cristóbal, whom Luis has instructed thusly: "Try not to tell her," is helpless before Isabel's barrage of logic and misery and soon she is rushing into Luis's sickroom.

    "Calm down, Doña Isabel." "Luis, if you ever call me Doña again it's the last time you'll see me. I'm your aunt. You can pretend to the whole world you're on a voyage, but why lie to me? Who did this?" "I don't know, he took me by surprise. I need a pause from the world, time to think... " "No, there's nothing to think about. I put the palace in your name, as you are: Luis Manrique." She says his mom, uh, Juana loves him and is repentant and is "very bad." "Her health?" "Everything! ... Make me happy - don't you see how I love you - for years you've been all I have - don't take away my illusion..." sad! sweet!

  • Catalina's little "deception" goes down as planned. Hipolita tells Andrés, who is working on the books ("Accounting is the only good thing my father ever taught me"), that Marina is waiting and that, even if he won't accept the marriage proposal, he should at least hear her out. The lovebirds start with a stilted little dialogue from the first day of Spanish 101 and then Marina tells him a story: "My parents lived in the capitol, they were well-educated and decent, one day my mother was out, delinquents came and killed my father and stole me away..."

    Soon she is talking about the rape: "When I came to the palace to live, I swear, I didn't want to be anybody's lover - I wanted to stay with Isabel - but Gasca told me he would have her thrown out, and you too, if I didn't comply ... " She sobs as she describes the scene and Andrés cries too. "I wanted you to be first," she says, "I love you with all my soul... but I understand a gentleman has the right to have a decent woman..." Antonio walks through and says "don't mind me, carry on..."

  • He seems mildly amused that with all her problems Hipólita is taking the time to be a matchmaker. They agree the youngsters love each other and that "talking is the way to clear things up." Antonio says: "I have infinite affection for you - I want to give you and Rafael security, tranquility, a decent respectable life, as you haven't yet had. Trust me, I promise you won't be sorry."

    There was no particular outcome to the Andrés/Marina conversation. That will have to wait for another capitulo. Hipólita tells Antonio she is sad for them, and they talk about regret etc., and then he grandly offers to take her out to dinner. "I'd take you to the opera or theater but here, there's only that restaurant at the hostel."

  • Felipe goes home to find his wife Carmela fussing fulsomely over the wounded Marcos, who is trying to escape her attentions. (This reminds me of the C. S. Lewis quote I read yesterday in About Last Night: "She's the sort of woman who lives for others - you can always tell the others by their hunted expression.")

    Marcos describes his altercation with Gasca and relates Gasca's taunt -- that Luis wouldn't be coming back. "Then Gasca was the shooter!" Felipe and Marcos agree.

  • Meanwhile, at the hamba hideout Victoria is hyperventilating about Gasca having been the murderer of Agustín. Sara wants to get Gasca but plans to do it by having Commandant Pardo [corrupt and therefore amenable to her persuasion] come visit for a productive exchange of ideas. Victoria would rather just murder Gasca herself. Her mom keeps saying, "don't stain your hands with blood."

  • Luis is getting a bit petulant in bed, he's moaning and groaning loudly, and whining that he wants Hipólita there, right now. C & C remind him she's a married woman and can't just bounce over whenever she likes. He wants Catalina to go fetch Hipólita for him, but Cristóbal says his wife should not have to do that. "She'll come tomorrow! ... Have you thought about who did this?" "It must have been a desperado or a fuereño..."

    Fuereño: My dictionary actually says, "Some guy from out of town."

  • Isabel accompanies Marina on her visit to her mother Victoria and her grand-mother Sara and recounts some of the mountains of problems she's afflicted with - chief among them, that Luis turns out not to be Juana's son and therefore not Isabel's nephew. This episode ended very abruptly! Was some editor not watching the clock carefully enough?

I post the new update every Wednesday and Saturday morning. All Alborada recaps are now listed in the sidebar to the right - below the small picture of Modesta and Doña Juana, just above the elephant. Click on the numbers (ONE TWO THREE ... ETC) to find them!

Amor Real
Entre el Amor y el Odio
"Telenovela villains meet lurid, dreadful deaths"


Technorati Tags: , , , ,

21 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zozobra means without any direction. On my own without any support.

Thanks for your notes. I really enjoy reading them.

 
At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

UniqueMonique, You said it! When they were showing Luis getting the wound cleaned (at least that's what I think they were doing) I giggled. My husband had a good laugh at my expense for that. And I cannot agree with you more about them showing Diego on the pot. That is soooo disgusting! What purpose is being filled by grossing us out? I already don't like the guy!

melinama, I will really miss your blogging Alborada! I'm sure if you blogged another novela it would be just as entertaining... but having blogged several episodes for you I understand your decision, it's a ton of work! I highly recommend translating it for intermediate Spanish students, though. Having to translate it really makes you think about what they are saying and though I'll watch and think I understand what is going on, looking at each word and phrase really challenged me! Thanks for all your hard work! You've got a great site here and I'll be back to see what other neat stuff you're blogging!

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this morning i was reading the newspaper and found where Alborada is the #5 ranked most watched t.v. program nation wide..(wow)#1 being American Idol... I have told many of my friends about your blog and to check it out....have you thought about blogging on the new one "Barrera something".... the name has slipped me right now....it looks good... I look forward to mondays and wednesdays so i can check into your blog. thanks again...the novela is getting better and better i even watch the 6:oo episode.....Luis is soooo handsome...Hipolita should run away with him now....i would

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melinama:
Thank you for the blog. You are great! such an illustrated group of women watching this program. I do read it although I do need it.

Thank you.

MTW

 
At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep,
I have yet to see anyone in his sickbed looking as good as "Luis"; all tanned, nice hair, fabulous body.
There is nothing that can come on at 9:00 that will make me switch channels.
I will miss this Blog and all you Bloggers. Wednesdays & Saturdays will never be the same without you.
Melinama: You deserve a medal, your blogs are the top.
Rosa

 
At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your comentary, I really liked Alborada but since I descovered you posting I have loved it, thanks again, Carolina

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my name is emily and i am from albania.i have seen all latin telenovelas.i love watching them.but for me the best or muj especial is mi favoritta alborada.sorry for my spanish, in this telenovela everything is
actual,the play of the actors porsupuente luis my favorite fernando colunga.,lucero is preciosa ,everything on the movie makes you feel the emotion of this epoke;i wanted to say th e music is wonderfull and the voice of placido domingo is fabuolos

 
At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The word "zozobra" means anxiety, worry. It has nothing to do with not having support. "Hampa" does indeed refer to the underworld, but the article it takes is "el" ("el hampa") simply because it begins with a stressed "a", like "el agua," "el alba," el "el arpa." It is, however, a feminine noun. I do know this kind of thing because I was a professor of Spanish language and literature for many years, and I am now a nationally certifed courtroom and medical interpreter.

 
At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, if it takes being shot to get Luis out of his shirt, I think we'll have to put him on the permanently wounded list.
Susan T.

 
At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your blog...just found it the other day. Everything in it is fun..like the Republican Woodstock.
I have a TIVO and never miss Alborada. Never watched any soaps before, in English or Spanish, however, it is probably the looks of Colunga and the fact that they actually have a plot but I have followed half of Amor Real and now Alborada.

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Luis is very impressive and the healthiest-looking gunshot-wound victim I've ever seen. My husband and I were impressed with how awful Esperanza looked before her death -- she really looked as if she was dying. Luis looks like he was napping -- very handsome!

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really think the writers are indeed trying to make the "Diego sitting on the pot" scene as realistic as possible, even though it may gross some of us out. I, too, love this blog and will miss it when Alborada is over.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Jean said...

The fascination of the producers of Alborada with bathroom activities has to be because they think it makes the novela more 'historically realistic.' What other reason could they have? It is interesting because except for the use of chamberpots, there is no difference between peeing in 1800 and peeing in 2006. One of the many things like slavery and treatment of the indigenous people that they do not emphasize is the difference in medical treatment between 1800 and 2001. We see Cristóbal giving out little bottles of medicine to healthy looking youngsters. In 1800, the two main treatments for any disease were bleeding - either by opening a vein or with leeches and purges. There was almost zero understanding of the causes of disease.
Also, Cuencas is very clean and free of open sewers, piles of garbage, flies and mosquitoes and its inhabitants are very clean, have excellent teeth, are not pockmarked with smallpox, etc.
But if they have to pee, we're going to see it.

 
At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am deeply impressed at the blog of "Alborada". The job you have done is a fine work of words and superb memory. I am Mexican- American by birth. I have seen soap operas since my childhood, and to say the truth, I have never seen anything like "Amor Real" or "Alborada". I truly believe that both are unusual in Mexican TV and over here. In "Alborada" mostly every epoch detail has been kept very close to those times, although the language is modern Spanish, not the Spanish spoken in the 1800's. Wonder when Mexicans began to speak modern Spanish and leave out the "c" pronunciation typical of Old Spain? If somebody knows, please let all us know!!
One more curious thing about one of the actors: it happens that Cristobal, Ernesto Laguardia, attended the same high school as me, and I can only remember him chasing one of my female classmates (whose mother, by the way, was American!). And a quiz for you all: guess Ernesto Laguardia's age! (one hint: he looks younger than he really is!).

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A couple of things...did anyone else notice when Diego was getting off his "throne" he patted Gasca's face and Gasca looked at Diego's hand in disgust? That really cracked me up because Gasca had to stand there and take it even though he was grossed out. I also have a question about Monday's episode. When Isabel was breaking up the fight between Gasca and Marcos she said to Gasca "Me vale un pito." At first I thought she was saying something like "You cost me a smoke." Can anyone out there help clarify the statement? Hey Chango, I peeked at Ernesto's age in the IMDB; dang, he looks good! Thanks again to all the historians for adding depth and background to the story!

 
At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Me vale un pito"--literally "it's worth a whistle to me." Figuratively, "That means nothing to me."

 
At 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With all the fuss about Diego on his "throne" no one's mentioned the scene during the big "find Diego a wife" ball when Dona Isabel and the regidor's wife were using the chamberpots in the ... um ... ladies retiring room, I think they'd have called it?

Also, I think the "fat widow" was there - there was a chubby lady who curtsied to Diego and giggled and batted her eyes.

And has anyone noticed that not one of the ladies on Alborada looks anorexic? even the slim ones look like they're eating. Nice change from U.S. shows!
Susan T.

 
At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sylvia's comment of Mr. Laguardia is right. I am 44 and he is 3 years older than me. I guess you have seen him too in "Hoy" a program aired in Univision at 10 o'clock every day. The shirtless Colunga has aroused more than 1 sigh. My own wife likes the guy as well. I cannot deny it, he is handsome, tall, serious, but what's most important, he is a fine actor. Nowadays it is really unusual to find some actors that are gifted with both sets of qualifications. I find Colunga hard to compare with any, any Holywood actor. He looks more Latin to me than Antonio Banderas. The 'pito' answer of Catalina is just right. Remember that in those days, whistles in Mexico were made of clay, with a small pea or ganrbanzo inside. So, they were very small. Nowadays, you can still find these sort of small whistles outside Mexico City, of course. All those 'urinary' takes or scenes we have seen are quite good, I think. They just help us realize in what times the Alborada characters live in, and as a Mexican, I do not find that disgusting, I find it quite sort of 'avant garde' for Mexican television. Well, as a male I should say something about the ladies fad nowadays in Mexico. There are not many anorexic actresses in Mexican TV today. Lucero has never been a skinny girl, even when she began her career. But she is not plump, she is just has the right figure as an actress and very succesful singer. Daniel Romo has been always very skinny, even when she was young. She has always had good looks, is tall and brown skinned, a very typical 'mestizo' type woman. And she has always been very elegant. I do not know if you have ever heard her sing, but she recorded very succesful LP's 20 years ago. Iran Castillo is a very good looking girl and she represents very well the 'criolla' type of girl of those days. She has a very succesful acting career as well. She as well has never been a skinny or anorexic girl. In Mexico we dislike very much extremely cadaveric looking women, we prefer them a little 'llenitas' as we say over there, or 'buenas' which is a very Spanish expression for 'good body'. Anyway, I guess that in the more than 800 Mexican 'telenovelas' there have been produced (I have seen quite a few thanks to my mom's influence) I do not remember ever seeing a skinny girl. There was one soap opera about three hair stylists (way back in the 70's), where three very good looking actresses: Iran Eory (RIP), Irma Lozano and (I do not know if it was Fanny Cano or Angelica Maria). None of them were skeletical, on the contrary, they had very charming Raphaelesque or Rubens arms. You can even see that in the new soap operas coming. Yadhira Carillo is good looking (Barrera de Amor), and in the one that just finished, 'Contra Viento y Marea" the only skinny girl there was Kika Edgar, who is charming, but very, very skeletical. I could say that the actress that is most skinny nowadays in Mexico is not on TV anymore, she is more a play and cinema actress and that is Cecilia Suarez, an extraordinary actress, but she is really anorexic.

 
At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is incredible the amount of bathroom activities, but I do have a potty chair that it is circa 1810 to 1830. I am sure that palaces like that one had something more sophisticated thanthe potty chairs that poor tia Isabel had to use.

mtw

 
At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kika Edgar is indeed thin, but I like the fact she looks naturally slender and not as though she's starving herself. (I certainly hope that's the case, anyway.) Her physique probably helped a lot in her portrayal of Álvaro. I thought she was pretty convincing as a preteen male.

One of my favorite ever Kika moments is her beautiful rendition of Ave Maria in _Amor Real_. Made me tear up.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Victoria said...

Am I the only one who has noticed that during the scene after the commercial, where Diego is fencing with someone in the dusk, that first his fencing partner is Antonio and then next Luis. I noticed because of the hair. Am I wrong?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home