PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Friday, November 04, 2005

"On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog."

Ronni at "Time Goes By" wonders about The Nature of Blog Friends:

... Blog friendships are rewarding. Why else are we here every day? Yes, much has been written of the ego gratification of seeing our thoughts in print and having people respond to them. That is not to be dismissed. But I think as we become accustomed to it, the personal connections we make over the months and years of blogging take on greater importance.

Next to nothing has been written about the nature of blog friendships. They often develop, I think, when a blogger, writing of deeply personal feelings and events, touches another who has lived a similar experience. And even without revealing innermost secrets, we come to know and be drawn to one another through reading of our shared interests.


I've made some interesting connections with people through Pratieville, my "message in a bottle." Ronni wonders how enduring friendships made with people we never meet can be. You should go by her place and weigh in...

Technorati Tags: , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Blogger Wyrfu said...

People think I'm kidding when I tell them I'm a chameleon...

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Bora Zivkovic said...

I have made many friends through my blog and just recently realized that I often post stuff with a particular blog-friend in mind, e.g., I think Jane would like if I wrote about this personal stuff that happened to me today, or Eric would find this Yugoslav joke funny, or John would like this Dobson quote.... Is that healthy?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home