PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Sky Meadow

After Larry and I spent about $900 on groceries, we went to Sky Meadow Retreat in Greensboro Bend, Vermont to get ready for the arrival of the kids, who arrived from all over New England. One just dropped in from hiking the Long Trail. One straggled in from Chicago. They packed themselves into the dorm rooms and we got to work.

Every day, regardless of the time the kids had gone to bed, breakfast (cooked by kids) was at 7:45, band rehearsal at 8:30 or so, English country dancing and contradancing at 9 (sometimes I played for them and sometimes I danced), then rehearsal, lunch, rehearsal, dinner, and rehearsal.

When we were not rehearsing there was whooping and hollering, more singing, more dancing, crocheting, swimming, frisbee, and searching for a cellphone signal as prime diversions.


It's a huge barn, with dance floor/rehearsal space; dining room; kitchen; lounging space; two bathrooms and three or four dormitory rooms on the first floor, two dorm rooms and a bathroom in the basement, a private apartment (where I stayed), a workshop, and storage space in what used to be the hay loft.

There are two little houses, in the meadow, where Brendan and Larry stayed, two teepees and miscellaneous gazebos, and houses for the three people who live at Sky Meadow all year.

The pictures below were taken from the windows of my little retreat-within-a-retreat...





3 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Blogger Star said...

It looks beautiful and serene. But I am sure the kids livened it up a bit. Michele sent me.

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Badaunt said...

What a gorgeous place!

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Zoe Strickman said...

I hope you don't mind me asking you this (I am also asking other blog authors whose blogs I read regularly), but would you be willing to put a link to my site on yours? My site is seriously lacking in readership and I could use the increased traffic (and more importantly, the feedback) on topics that I am writing about on the blog, and I don't know how to attract more readers. I'd appreciate any suggestions you have, and I've enjoyed reading your site since I came onto the blog world in March. Thanks. -Zoe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home