PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

What are they really looking for?

A perplexing thing has been happening lately: according to sitemeter.com (which I vowed to ignore but minor backsliding has occurred), the number of people brought to Pratie Place by Google has shot up suddenly. Why has Google decided my site is worthy of this attention?

Just now I was the NUMBER ONE result from somebody's poignant search for
good looking people having fun

What that searcher actually got, when he or she arrived at my site, was a post called People having no fun at Disneyworld, complete with a picture of miserable senior citizens. That searcher must have been very puzzled.

Here is another recent Google search which brought somebody to my site. This one is a true conundrum:

wish i could remember stuck to the wall one night
eyes awful gawk fish

This retrieved a post about a relatively elderly Scottish accountant I met in the Bahamas in my younger years. But the real question is: What do you suppose the search was supposed to retrieve?

Technorati Tags: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Blogger Craig said...

My guess is that the comment I left on your Disneyworld post is why the search for "good looking people having fun" linked to that post.

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Perhaps they were looking for "woman with wonderful blog" and knew that something unique and fun might point them in the right direction. It seems they were correct....they ended up on your site which is a woman with a wonderful blog.

 
At 2:13 AM, Blogger EdWonk said...

I'm just amazed at some of the stuff that people Google. Sometimes, it's downright disturbing.

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

phrases they could remember from a story, article song or poem that they hoped to pull the whole text up for to re-read. Or someone just deperately bored or terribly hopeful and wanting to shake out of their own usual circuit of sites and info.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Well, I just tried doing that same search, but couldn't come up with anything. I agree, song or poem lyrics... but now you're for SURE the top of anyone doing that same search (which now makes two of us idiots)

--m

 

Post a Comment

<< Home