PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Monday, May 02, 2005

New Blog Carnival

In honor of my not being a "new blog" any more, I decided to host the New Blog Showcase and here it is!

Dave at Logical Meme sends: The Enduring Influence of Thomas Kuhn. An exchange between Michael Bérubé and myself over Thomas Kuhn’s cultural influence. He likes Kuhn. I don’t.

jp at Americans for Freedom presents Focus on Belarus - linkfest. I wanted to point briefly to some new links I have found, relating to efforts to increase democracy and freedom in Belarus. This effort will be much more difficult than Ukraine.

J&J's Mom at Millersville presents My Love/Hate Relationship. ... my top 10 things that I love and hate all at the same time ... Large Dunkin' Donuts coffee with 3 creams and 3 sugars...molten hot, 7000 calories and tastes too good not to drink. Good for all the same reasons. ... Hub's out of town... kids running, screaming, fighting, playing 24/7. No break until they go to bed and then I end up watching t.v. or reading blogs til one in the morning. Good for all the same reasons.

Liberty Dog at One Billion Red Chinese and a Dog Named Liberty presents Thoughts on Abortion. Within the libertarian community, there is much disagreement on this issue...

Dana at Northshore Politics presents At least you're happy, right? about Hollywood. I actually wanted work "in the industry" ... until I worked on an HBO series. I have never met such self-absorbed, vain, egotistical people. And that attitude did not stop at the celebrities. To quote the Asst. Accountant, "We're spoiled and we expect to be treated that way."

Ken from Colonel Corn's Camera presents How I Got My Name (a question I wish more bloggers would answer). ...my name has been the source of entertainment for many ... With a name like mine you can imagine the possibilities ... I’ve been called cornball, cornflake, popcorn, and corny...

Two Dogs at Mean Ol' Meany presents Meany Ol' Meany Spammer Mail. He's marvelling, as we do, at the fantastic monikers of spammers these days: Hypnotizes R. Pears, Robustly O. Finch, Pulsar C. Handicap, Robbery G. Rheostat, and their ilk. Making up these names wouldn't be such a bad just-out-of-college job... but what would you call it on your future resume?

Buckley F. Williams at The Nose On Your Face presents Dems Offer Real Solutions For War On Terror. Circulating cd's and tapes (voiced over by Al Franken) with the message, "You are good enough. You are smart enough. And doggone it, people like you.", to increase jihadists self-esteem and lessen the likelihood that they will want to blow themselves up.

Next week's carnival at Baboon Pirates. Also see Showcase Website.

Technorati Tags: ,

5 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Blogger Cori said...

I just love JJ's mom...what a great read!~

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Raehan said...

coming from JJ's Mom, too. That is one of my favorite post from her. She has many great ones, though.

 
At 3:35 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Oh dear.
The enduring influence of Thomas thingamubobby? Is that my cue to be dreadfully embarrassed at never having heard of him?
:-)

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger EdWonk said...

Nice Roundup of new talent. We linked over at the 'Wonks.

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for hosting this. It's nice to see the new guys out strutting their stuff :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home