PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Book a Minute

This morning I also discovered Book a Minute. Where was this site when I was struggling with that most detestable book, Moby Dick? It includes classics, science fiction, and bedtime stories (though my kids would not let me skip even one word, so I'm not sure this last section is functional).

Tuck Everlasting
Winnie:I love you! I'll do anything for you!
Jessie:Drink the water.
Winnie:No.
THE END

Hamlet
Hamlet:Whine whine whine ... To be or not to be...I'm dead.
THE END

Note: For those with a somewhat longer attention span there is also The Three Minute Hamlet, complete with soundtrack.

Don Quixote
Don Quixote:Chivalry demands I destroy that evil thing.
Sancho Panza: No, master. It is something ordinary and harmless.
Don Quixote:(falls down)
THE END


There is a companion site, Movie a Minute, for people who don't have the patience to sit through an entire movie.

Gone With The Wind
Scarlett:I'm a whiny little brat, but my will is like iron. Watch my eyes flare.
Rhett Butler:I don't give a damn.
Audience:Gasp! We've never heard anything so depraved in our lives!
THE END

The Empire Strikes Back
Luke:I have to go to Dagobah.
Yoda:You have to use the force.
Luke:I have to go to Cloud City.
Darth Vader:You have to go to the dark side.
Luke:No I don't.
Darth Vader:I'm your father.
Luke:No you're not.
Darth Vader:Fine, I'll cut off your hand.
THE END


Technorati Tags: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Blogger Natsthename said...

I love that!

I work in a bookstore (Borders) and we often sum-up the books in this manner.

My current favorite is "Juiced" by baseball player Jose Canseco.

I abused steriods to become great and so did he and he and he and he.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Jon Langdon said...

Best links I've seen all day. Thanks.

--Jon Langdon
Giving Props When Due since 1999.
http://jonlangdon.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home