PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Confused about new North Carolina inspection and registration renewal program (no more stickers)?


We in NC used to have stickers on our windshields that told us when our cars and trucks needed to be inspected. And when they got inspected every year, the guys gave us a new sticker. Very simple.

Now there are no more stickers. I got a registration card (to renew my license plate) in the mail and when I tried to renew online, I got the error message you see here: "An Error has Occurred. Service can not continue due to a safety or safety/emissions violation. Please contact 888-999-3044(8-7 Est.st.Time M-F) "

I called the guy and he admitted most people don't understand what's happening with the registration renewal. But it boils down to something pretty simple:

When you get your notice in the mail that it's time to renew your registration, it's time to get an inspection.

Get your car or truck inspected, the place should electronically beam its approval to the DMV, and you will magically be cleared to renew your license.

This is a public service announcement. Now I'm going out to get my truck inspected.

11 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger DapperDan said...

Thanks to you and google! This answers my question as well!
reguarding: "Service can not continue due to a safety or safety/emissions violation. Please contact 888-999-3044(8-7 Est.st.Time M-F)"

 
At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Sarah said...

Thanks! ;)

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank You!

That's more information than the DMV gave me in the mailing (which was nothing).

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you, answered my question too!!

 
At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto. Thanks. I hate this new system.

 
At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks!

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

They better remove that nasty old sticker off my windshield, while they're at it - get my 20 bucks worth!!

Thanks for info!

 
At 8:44 PM, Anonymous garrett said...

i had my truck inspedcted two months ago and got this now im screwed cause i need catalitic converters and aint got the money but thanks that answered my question too

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Roger Harris said...

Of course, I suppose it would be too complicated for the DMV to add a reminder in the mailer that your car needs to be inspected before you can renew.

 
At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Retarded. Really. WTF. Why do you take away the NC State Inspection sticker. I had no problem putting it on my windshield. First of all, it is a scam to make more money. Just another way for the government to put their hands in my shorts and dick me around.

 
At 2:48 AM, Anonymous doug2060 said...

Thanks, This helps. I was worried there for a minute. That message makes you think you're in trouble. I agree with the complaints. This is just another tactic to take our money. They complain that the state is broke yet I'm sure their personal bank accounts a full of our money. I wish society would hurry up and collapse already.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home