Saturday, December 20, 2008

Things her father taught her.

Hannah got me started reading Best of Craigslist and this one almost made me cry.

Things my father taught me
seattle-tacoma Date: 2008-04-13, 9:33AM PDT
  • The measurement of my finger from the tip to the first joint is 1 inch... depth for planting peas.
  • The measurement to the second joint is 2 inches... depth for corn.
  • Return borrowed things in better shape than when you borrowed them.
  • There are two types of is the trouble you knowingly walk into, the other is trouble that just's important to know the difference.
  • Walk softly but carry a big stick.
  • If you have to use said stick, make sure who you use it on, doesn't get up.
  • Grits is good.
  • Foul language is a sign of a limited vocabulary
  • Orion, the Big and Little Dippers.
  • Everyone is a friend until proven otherwise.
  • Licorice ferns, huckleberries, nettles, sword ferns.
  • Tabasco won't kill you even if you eat it by the spoonfull.
  • Don't watch the clock when you're at work.
  • Fish can see you if you look over the side of the boat.
  • Fish can hear you if you talk too loud.
  • Respect the elders.
  • Never go to bed angry.
  • That which does not kill you will hurt like the dickens, but it will make you stronger.
  • Family is the most important thing on earth.
  • How to play the guitar, spoons, mouth harp, and water filled bottles.
  • The true meaning of "Self Made Man"
  • If you don't know something, go to the library and learn it.
  • The phrases "I don't know", "I forgot", or "I tried (and failed)" are excuses.
  • There is a difference between an excuse and a reason, know the difference.
  • Take care of your apperance...even if it is just a t-shirt and jeans.
  • The world can change everything about you, except your point of view...unless you allow it to.
David L. McDonald
born 1936-passed 2008
precious father
beloved husband
A right good fellow.


At 2:34 PM, Anonymous * * * susanlynn said...

Lovely...Thanks for sharing. Makes me think of my sweet dad.


Post a Comment

<< Home

Find me on Google+