Things her father taught her.
Hannah got me started reading Best of Craigslist and this one almost made me cry.
seattle-tacoma Date: 2008-04-13, 9:33AM PDT
- The measurement of my finger from the tip to the first joint is 1 inch... depth for planting peas.
- The measurement to the second joint is 2 inches... depth for corn.
- Return borrowed things in better shape than when you borrowed them.
- There are two types of trouble...one is the trouble you knowingly walk into, the other is trouble that just happens...it's important to know the difference.
- Walk softly but carry a big stick.
- If you have to use said stick, make sure who you use it on, doesn't get up.
- Grits is good.
- Foul language is a sign of a limited vocabulary
- Orion, the Big and Little Dippers.
- Everyone is a friend until proven otherwise.
- Licorice ferns, huckleberries, nettles, sword ferns.
- Tabasco won't kill you even if you eat it by the spoonfull.
- Don't watch the clock when you're at work.
- Fish can see you if you look over the side of the boat.
- Fish can hear you if you talk too loud.
- Respect the elders.
- Never go to bed angry.
- That which does not kill you will hurt like the dickens, but it will make you stronger.
- Family is the most important thing on earth.
- How to play the guitar, spoons, mouth harp, and water filled bottles.
- The true meaning of "Self Made Man"
- If you don't know something, go to the library and learn it.
- The phrases "I don't know", "I forgot", or "I tried (and failed)" are excuses.
- There is a difference between an excuse and a reason, know the difference.
- Take care of your apperance...even if it is just a t-shirt and jeans.
- The world can change everything about you, except your point of view...unless you allow it to.
born 1936-passed 2008
A right good fellow.