PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Melinama does Illustration Friday: "Detach"

I was looking for my suitcase in the attic and came across this boar's head left over from the "Solstice Extravaganza" productions of the late 80s and early 90s. There actually used to be two of them but I gave one away. I made them out of plaster rolls.

Realizing it was appropriate for this week's topic, I brought it downstairs, dusted it off, repainted it, photographed it, photoshopped it, and here it is: a boar's head detached from the body...

If you want to hear the song, "The Boar's Head Carol," for which I made these props, I posted a free mp3 in 2005.

Technorati Tags: , ,

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Blogger Ellen Byrne said...

Well...this certainly defines "detachment"! Fun piece!

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger Bella Sinclair said...

What a great head! You can hang it up and pretend you're a big game hunter. You know, I read a news item where someone sent a lady a pig's head as a birthday present. Came nicely wrapped in a box and everything. Obviously, the man had anger issues.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home