Satchel Paige's "Rules for Staying Young."
"Rules for Staying Young" appeared in the June 13, 1953 issue of Collier's.
- "Avoid fried meats which angry up the blood".
- "If your stomach disputes you, lie down and pacify it with cool thoughts".
- "Keep the juices flowing by jangling around gently as you move".
- "Go very light on the vices, such as carrying on in society — the social ramble ain't restful".
- "Avoid running at all times".
- "And don't look back — something might be gaining on you".