PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Stupid pastime for a Saturday morning...

I was limply lying on my bed after serving breakfast to the six sixth-graders who spent the night here last night - I couldn't believe how many pancakes they packed away - and found myself a stupid pastime:

Visit HowManyOfMe.com and enter your name to find out how common your first and last names are. My son's name comes up: "There are zero people in the U.S. with your name." Maybe the site isn't able to count young people who haven't bought things on credit (for instance) yet.

I'm the only one of me... How about you?

.

5 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it told me that there are 1,199,149 people with my first name , that is the 25th most popular name , and that 99.9 % of people with my first name are woman. However, I'm wondering about the accuracy of the site because it said that it could find nobody with my last name [hubby? daughter?? motherinlaw. etc???] and that nobody else had both my names...I know that there is a college professor who lives nearby who has the same last and first name as i. ????? Que the hell ????

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Marsosudiro said...

I'm very much my only. My parents made up my first name. My grandfather made up my last name. I like it :-)

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Marsosudiro said...

Pardon my slightly misleading submittal, above: For anyone who read this and thinks, "'Phil'? He thinks they made up 'Phil'?!", my first name is actually Philindo.

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger melinama said...

Hey Phil, I never knew your name was Philindo - I like it.

I have no idea where they get this info and obviously it's not very good as many people come up with "zero" matches for their own names!

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger mike r baker said...

"There are 491 people in the U.S. named Mike Baker." Probably more. I know there are least 5 on record at my doctor's office alone. Sigh. Still, I come up second and twelfth on Google. That means I rock, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home