[Hannah]: Step Right Up! Help Us Get a Handle on those Filthy Young People!
I have been trawling job postings lately and actually enjoying it quite a bit. What says more about the world we live in than what we are willing to pay each other to do?
I particularly enjoyed the job posting below. Note the experience requirements.
Education: No minimum requirement
Location: New York, New York, 10017, United States
Posted by: Entertainment Software Rating Board
Type: Full time
Last day to apply: July 18, 2007
Last updated: June 11, 2007
Job posted on: April 19, 2007
Area of Focus: Art, Architecture, Music, Consumer Protection, Family and Parenting
Help Empower Parents to Control the Media Their Children Consume
This position is for those who would like to help parents make informed media decisions for their children. The Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) is the non-profit organization that assigns ratings for content and age-appropriateness to virtually every computer and video game sold at retail in the United States and Canada. The ESRB Rater is naturally critical to the process, which yields ratings that millions of parents trust and rely upon to help them choose which games they deem appropriate for their children and family.
Summary of Position – The Rater is responsible for reviewing ESRB rating submissions, providing feedback regarding age appropriateness, and discussing the appropriate rating assignment with colleagues. The Rater will also be required to test final product and create video clips of his/her findings.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Reviews video submissions provided by publishers
· Discusses the appropriate rating assignment in a small group setting
· Evaluates submissions within the context of previous rating assignments
· Helps draft explanatory briefings on ratings
· Tests final product of submitted games
· Creates video footage of final product tests
Special Skills Required
· Experience caring for children and general knowledge of child development
· Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, articulate and support his/her opinions, and work well in small group settings
· Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
· Physical capability to use all video game consoles, handhelds, and other devices
· Knowledge of media (Film, TV, Music, Games, etc…)
· Interest in video games
· College Graduate
How to Apply:
Please email resumes to email@example.com. Please state "Idealist - Resume" in the subject line.
I think I would be an excellent candidate for this job. I could give them lots of great opinions on the amount of sex and violence The Children should be able to see on their computers.