PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Adventure in Satterwhite

This is my favorite sight on the way to Satterwhite. Bob says when they modernized this building (?? was he pulling my leg?) the locals stopped patronizing it. Also, he says it used to have a front porch, but it got demolished by some inebriated hunter in an SUV.

Everybody knows I'm secretly craving a bulldozer of my very own. This is Bob's, vintage 1950s or so, he keeps it in perfect running condition. He also has a working van with half a million miles on it. He rebuilds it when required.

However, he's not that good at taking a picture in focus.

Here's Bob with our sweet young recording engineer, who was kind of learning on the job. That was my job, to help him learn how to use his equipment.

I came home exhausted and determined to sleep late but I was so overstimulated I woke up at 4:30 after having a dream that I had two gigs today but didn't know where they were or what time or who was on them with me. I eventually went back to sleep and had that SAME DREAM AGAIN. Ugh. I hope it isn't true.



Technorati Tags:

2 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I grew up on a farm , and my dad had a tractor that looked a lot like that one---it was an old Ford. In fact, we still have it...along with an Oliver and a John Deere. `~~~Susanlynn, who was never very good at driving a tractor but was very good at picking potatoes

 
At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An inebriated hunter in an SUV? That's a scary combo. Very cool store though, even without a front porch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home