PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Melinama resumes the vertical position

Our gig last night was fun, and one of the best things about it was being upright for more hours, total, than I'd had in the previous several days. We took stools so I could stand up and sit down as needed and though there were a few hairy moments, it went well.

So I woke up early, in a lather to start doing all the things I haven't been able to do this week. Hmm, change dead light bulbs in the dark at 5:30 am? Lightbulbs I can only access by standing on the kitchen counter? Maybe not.

Take the sparkplug out of my weedwhacker and see if I can clean the contacts? It's still dark outside.

The cardinals are already making their beautiful liquid calls outside the window - they'll be first at the bird feeder this morning.

When Bob got me home from the gig in Winston-Salem last night, we saw a baby red finch batting away on the window sill of my front porch, flying up and down the glass. It had obviously launched itself from the nest (which is tucked into the porch rafters) and was now fluttering stupidly, trying to get into the house where Zed had left all the lights on prior to leaving for the evening. I turned out the lights and hope the little bird figured out how to go to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home