PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Friday, February 17, 2006

Illustration Friday - "Song"

I need to figure out why my scanner is doing such a bad job of picking up the color on these paintings! It's just awful!

These four singers were rehearsing "We Have Only One More Shopping Day" (which they wrote) when I took the picture I used to make this painting. I have very few pictures of anybody in any of my bands or choruses actually singing, because we all look so stupid with our mouths open.

It's ridiculous how hard it is to draw a singing mouth. Jeez.


Technorati Tags:

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger Mike Thompson said...

Nice work! Keep at it. One day that troublesome "singing mouth" will be much easier to render.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger carla said...

They look like they're having fun:>

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

very nice painting!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Badaunt said...

I think you've got the mouths perfectly. They don't look silly. They look like they're singing.

I'd love to see the real colours if you think these are no good.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Jaimie said...

You did a great job with this. I find people so difficult to draw.Really nice piece, is it watercolor?

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger melinama said...

Hi everybody, thanks for the comments. It is acrylic on canvas pad. I don't understand why it looks so scratchy and pale, in real life not so. I'm going to try photographing the next one...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home