PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

A new alto in the chorale

We had a lot of new faces at the season's first rehearsal of the Triangle Jewish Chorale last night.

One I hadn't met before was Becky, an endodontist with such a low alto voice she's really a tenor. She came with her father, who was not born yet when his father and mother escaped Nazi Poland and settled in Costa Rica. Most of Becky's family for these past two generations has been in Costa Rica, but she herself was raised in Mexico City. When I looked perplexed, she sighed and said, "it's a long story, a long Jewish story." I can't wait to hear it.

Technorati Tags: ,

2 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, Blogger dena said...

I'd be interested in hearing that story too. I hope you decide to share some of it with us when you do get to hear it.

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger dena said...

And hello, michele sent me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home