PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Monday, September 12, 2005

I want to sit on Trent Lott's porch

Making Light draws our attention to an excellent new bumper sticker:



You can purchase it at Trent Lott's Porch.com - all proceeds to highly rated Katrina disaster-relief charities. From the site:
When Bush arrived in Biloxi, Miss. on September 2nd, he made a deeply felt speech in response to the devastation he witnessed and the stories he heard:
"Out of the rubbles of Trent Lott's house -- he's lost his entire house -- there's going to be a fantastic house. And I'm looking forward to sitting on the porch"
... I, too, look forward to sitting on Trent Lott's rebuilt porch, sipping a cool drink and enjoying the breeze from the Mississippi, someday soon. If life's been tough for you lately and you'd like to join us on the porch, you can tell the world...
At Making Light, a comment:
... 'When you lose one of your nine homes, uh, you're not homeless. When you lose your only home, then you're homeless. We need to focus on the real homeless, not the vacation-homeless. I'm just sayin'.


Technorati Tags: ,

5 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Blogger Bora Zivkovic said...

That's a good one!

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Jude Nagurney Camwell said...

LOL! Thanks for the laugh!

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger kenju said...

That says volumes, doesn't it?

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger porchwise said...

I sit on my front porch every morning to write my blog. If Dubya stepped into my yard, way out in the woods, I'm not sure what I'd do but I sure as hell wouldn't let him sit on my porch.

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger dena said...

I hope FEMA gives the funds to those that lost their only homes first, and puts the vacation homes at the bottom of the list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home