PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Greetings from New York City

Finally, yes, after sorting through 458 New Yorker cartoons, I found two which related to my day!

I left Albany after lunch and had a teeth-grinding rube-in-the-city experience getting here.



How astounded,indeed, I was that pedestrians flow with insouciance right in front of ongoing traffic! How tired I was after toting a rug uptown to Melina's apartment! How can Manhattanites possibly enjoy shopping as much as they do, knowing that everything they buy must be humped home?

How dismayed I was to discover, when I arrived, that the super had turned off the water to the whole apartment building and I had to leave the premises to find a place to pee! When I got back, I noticed Melina's $29 dry-cleaning bill on the table. I have never had a dry-cleaning bill in my life.



My car has been sucked into the bowels of an establishment like the one pictured here and I won't see it again until I leave. If then.

Technorati Tags: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, Blogger kenju said...

Now you know why we never take a car into NYC.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home