PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Friday, May 20, 2005

The lengths one goes to...

So, did you notice there was no post this morning?

In fact, lightning struck my cable line the previous afternoon and we were cut off from cyberspace. I had to leave for New Haven today without even checking my email! How can something we all did without for years have become so important? And then, of course, I couldn't feed my blog.

So one could say I flew to New Haven (with my poor drugged son Zed, reeling from his spinal fusion, in tow) so I could get online.

Hope you missed me!

2 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger Badaunt said...

I miss ALL the blogs I read on Thursdays and Fridays. I'm not home long enough to read them.

Was your computer off when the cable got hit? No fried computer? I always wonder whether I should unplug during electrical storms. I generally switch to battery power (I'm on a laptop) but leave it all plugged in. I have been told this is meaningless but do it anyway.

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Badaunt said...

Oh, and spinal fusion? That sounds VERY unpleasant. How is he? Is he getting adequate pain medication now?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home