PRATIE PLACE

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Kung Fu Quotes

Thanks to everybody for their kind wishes about my son! I'm home from the hospital for a few minutes to grab some clean clothes and to send you this pre-prepared moment of good cheer from Joygreetings you will find "a list of actual English subtitles used in films made in Hong Kong--you know, those awful Saturday afternoon super-dubbed kung fu flicks where you know for certain that the translation has nothing to do with the actual Chinese dialogue. Here are a few of them. Site via Cynical-C:
  • I am damn unsatisfied to be killed in this way.
  • Fatty, you with your thick face have hurt my instep.
  • A normal person wouldn't steal pituitaries.
  • You always use violence. I should've ordered glutinous rice chicken.
  • I'll fire aimlessly if you don't come out!
  • You daring lousy guy.
  • Beat him out of recognizable shape!
  • I got knife scars more than the number of your leg's hair!
  • Beware! Your bones are going to be disconnected.


Technorati Tags:

1 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Blogger Lora said...

How bizarre!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Find me on Google+