PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Thursday, April 07, 2005

About Found, and Jeff



As a lurker, I enjoy the tidbits shared by Found magazine, so here's an odd document which I have kept for more than twenty years.

I used to be a typesetter at "Universal Printing and Publishing Company," and one day this came in to be typeset - I made a copy and kept it. I did not meet Jeff.

I don't know what Jeff was planning to do with his News Release. (I've obscured his name and home town in the hopes that if somebody has one of MY old pieces of paper, the same will be done for me.)

In the part I've left out, Jeff wrote he had sent his demo "to Columbia Records in New York and now is up for a recording contract, which he will know more about after meeting with Columbia executives this summer."

Interestingly replaced his name with a symbol many years before Prince, formerly known as "The Artist Formerly Known as Prince," thought of it.

Prince did it because he had sold his name to a record company for a period of years.

I think Jeff's symbol was preferable because it can be pronounced.

I Googled Jeff and his song but came up empty. However, I see he got married last year. I hope things are going well for him.

Technorati Tags: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Ahh, I love Found Magazine. So interesting.

Have you also lurked at PostSecret?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home