PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Visit Unrealized Moscow for some wonderful drawings of buildings designed to enhance the city's prestige in the 1930s.

They look great, don't they? Guess they might have been a bit expensive to actually build.

These grandiose drawings remind me of when I had designed my house and showed the model to my framer. He said "All very well for you, but you built it out of Cheerios boxes and scotch tape. I have to do it with wood and nails." He was a poetic guy.

Via Give, Get, Take, and Have.

3 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger kenju said...

Whew, grandiose indeed and very optimistic of the architects to design such buildings. I cannot imagine what they would have cost to build, even in the 30's.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Oh, how wonderful! Some of the building designs had me laughing out loud, and wondering how they might have been built, at the same time as I was admiring the beauty of the drawings themselves. Would that we still had the time and budget to produce that sort of architectural drawing!

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger Colorful Stationery said...

Thanks for the link to the Moscow website. I just posted some info on my Blog about some Preservation issues here in Los Angeles. So old buildings interest me alot.
I enjoyed your post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home