PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Friday, December 04, 2009

[Hannah]: emotional grading rubric

Honestly, grading is so subjective. This is my first semester of grading papers and I seriously found that only my emotional reaction could really tell me what the grade of an undergraduate 5-7 page essay ought to be.
Rage: F (professor says: a paper that receives an "F" is a paper that is actively hostile toward knowledge).

Bewilderment: D

Irritation: C

Utter indifference: B-, B

Intense frustration: B+

Mild pleasure: A-

Actual enjoyment, interest in having conversation with student: A
I imagine a paper that produced actual laughter and tears might merit an A+ but I sure haven't seen one of those yet.

1 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger melinama said...

HAH HAH HAH. I still think you should get a rubber stamp that says, "nonsense" or "bull hockey" or something and stamp away. It would save so much time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home