PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Monday, June 15, 2009

Hmm, things change.

My daughter's future mother-in-law (that's mekhutoneste in Yiddish) showed me a picture of her wedding and so I tried digging up some of mine. I was surprised to see there are only about a dozen snapshots, and my two favorites are double-exposed (there's somebody else's bare leg sideways across my father's face on one of them). I wonder if any good pictures were taken and I never got any of them?

How different things are these days, with 1,000s of nice digital photos. Well, here they are, featuring my home-made wedding dress and home-made cake (which you will notice tilted considerably, and that's quite fashionable these days).

Why was I sitting on the ground? In the last picture: my maid of honor, who sings with me to this very day in our world-music band Mappamundi.

3 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Blogger Alma said...

Geat pictures! It seems you've changed very little since then. The dress is so pretty, and I love the colored sash. My mom sewed her own wedding dress as well; I regret I didn't have the talent to attempt it myself. Now what's all this about your futue mom-n-law? I think I missed something... Are congratulations in order?

 
At 3:51 PM, Anonymous novelera said...

Also curious about the mother-in-law. Do you mean (as in Spanish) consuegra or mother of your child's spouse? Or do you have a potential groom on the horizon yourself?

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger melinama said...

Caray caray! My mistake, I got the word right in Yiddish but we don't have an English word for "your child's spouse's parents." No, there is no mother-in-law for me. It's Hannah's (future) mother-in-law I love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home