PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Monday, April 13, 2009

Grass seed in 2009: the twenty-five pound bags now weigh twenty pounds.

I tried googling this situation but couldn't find anything, so I guess it's just how things are: this year suddenly all the grass seed bags which used to be 25 pounds are now 20% lighter. The price is the same, or a little higher, than last year. Did you notice?

Also, did you notice the price of Nyjer thistle seed for the wild birds is almost twice as high as last year? Even though I have huge colonies of finches who've dedicated their lives to my feeder, I don't think I can afford to support them any more. (The marketers changed the name from Niger to Nyjer due to, uh, pronunciation difficulties.)

.

1 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger Jean said...

Goldfinches like Niger seed especially but House Finches and Goldfinches will eat sunflower seeds. I don't know how shelled sunflower seeds compare in price to Niger but they are mess free and birds love 'em.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home