PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Monday, September 08, 2008

What did I buy this week? #4.

So I ordered a dozen chicks from Meyer Hatchery and they arrived on Wednesday. Like last time, I picked them up at the post office.


This batch (just random chicks available at the end of the season) seemed mellower and less traumatized than the batch I ordered last March. They seem willing to sleep in our hands and even upside down.


Here you see two protecting the food supply by sleeping in the food bowl.


I cut the bottom out of a wading pool I got at freecycle and they had their first experience outside yesterday. We can't leave them for a moment or hawks will carry them off.


It's going to be a long time until they're big enough to dig through donkey poop. I hope we can keep them from becoming raccoon chow like all the earlier ones, which I really miss.




Technorati Tags: ,

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home