PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Monday, September 01, 2008

What did I buy this week? #3.

Not a big week for purchases. I did make an online purchase, but I'll draw it when it comes in a few days...

Now that Zed is living at home for a while, we're looking for ways to keep him from spacing out at the computer for hours at a time. This timer: $2.79. Will it work?

UPDATE: No, it did not work. Not even once. Wow, if you can sell 13 cents worth of plastic as a timer even if it doesn't work, you've found yourself some excellent suckers. Thanks, Walmart!


While I was at the housewares aisle getting the timer, I decided to get a replacement for my smashed candy thermometer (crucial to peanut brittle sessions): also $2.79.


Sunflower seeds for the birds.


Technorati Tags: ,

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This idea of sketching purchases is appealing to me, as a way to be more conscious about the amount of "stuff" I buy. So I want to buy something? Well, do I want it enough to DRAW it? Hmm, could try this with my kids too.... :)

--Lisa S.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger melinama said...

Lisa, I had that EXACT thought! This is being an interesting project.

 
At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Walmart: you get what you pay for.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home