PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Friday, January 12, 2007

Zed plans a bake sale and his ma helps out.

My son Zed has committed himself to a service trip to El Salvador over spring break - he's going with the Foundation for Self-Sufficiency in Central America. I gave him half the money he needed, which he immediately spent on the airline tickets. I pointed out he then had no money to eat, etc. while he was gone.

Not ordinarily a very entrepreneurial individual, Zed has decided to hold a bake sale during the intermission in my concert tomorrow night. I'm worried only twenty people are going to show up, but what the heck, I like baking too, so here are the recipes for my contributions.

Applesauce muffins

1 scant cup brown sugar
1/2 cup soft butter
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups raisins
1 cup applesauce

Cream butter and sugar; beat in egg, salt, and spices.

Add remaining ingredients and mix swiftly. Cook at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Makes one dozen muffins.

Coconut Butterballs

1 cup soft butter
1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups flaked coconut

Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla; stir in other ingredients. Make balls not quite 1" in diameter and bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes. Makes 40 balls.

By the way, I indulged in a dozen silicone muffin liners at Food Lion and I am utterly ecstatic. The muffins pop right out, no need for greasing and flouring. Utter bliss.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only like easy recipes because I am not a kitchen person . These sound pretty easy , si I might try them someday if I need to produce a baked good. Good luck--hope that your son makes lots of $$$$~~~Susanlynn, who just resorted to baking 2 yellow cake mix cakes [doctored up a little] and canned chocolate frosting for her mother's 90th birthday...tomorrow morning I make a big pot of Spaghetti sauce for the family dinner at the farm [20 relatives].

 

Post a Comment

<< Home