PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Illustration Friday - "Farm"

I bought some glossy thick acrylic medium for half price at Hungates (they're going out of the art supply business, from now on it's all gonna be cake decorating and model airplanes) and used it to create a truly hideous painting. Also, I hated how rubbery the medium looked. So today I painted over it completely.

I took this idea from a photo online of two Indian farmers with their oxcart.


Technorati Tags:

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger pixelpalette said...

I really like the way this turned out! The texture is really nice. I too am a fellow "empty nester", and "musician". I dont "live in the woods", but it would sure be nice. Thanks for posting this great piece!
Pixelpalette
AKA Valeriannah

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I just discovered your site. Don't know if you are baby boomer but 'empty nester' makes me think you are! Please come visit!

 
At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it. You are truly a Renaissance woman--a musician, a painter, and a very clever writer. You are a creative being. My daughter gave me some paints a few years ago, and I painted one picture [for her for her wedding shower]---it was my homage to Matisse--lots of clear red , blue , yellow , and green--a still life of her wedding centerpieces [ pothos in a blue and white Chinese pot]---She has it hanging in her kitchen. I haven't picked up my brushes since. Too busy. This summer, I tutored a mother and daughter from Brazil for 6 weeks. The mother was an artist who works in acrylics. I finally had the chance to see one of her works, an enormous tryptych of an old building in an old city in Brazil . That building is now a museum---the painting was magnificaent and hangs inside that museum. It is also on the plastic cards used to enter the museum. I hope to go to Brazil someday to see it. Susanlynn, an art lover

 

Post a Comment

<< Home