PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Illustration Friday - "Spring"

I almost didn't do this week's Illustration Friday because the prompt annoyed me with its banality. So I decided to use colors I don't like and to paint flowers (which I don't like) and to use a system I also don't like - the no-plan system.


This is the result! I rather like the striped vegetables.

It's not really that I don't like flowers - it's just - it makes me sad and angry that they're pretty and they die. Somebody gives you flowers and you just know they're going to wilt and look awful and you're going to have to throw them away and that will make you feel guilty. And then you have that smelly slimy water they were in.

I feel the same way about astronomy, as I've told Zed. I dislike astronomy. Why study something that makes you feel completely unnecessary, insignificant, and gone in an oygnblik (Yiddish for "eyeblink")?

Technorati Tags:

2 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Blogger ian sands said...

I think the style of this painting is excellent and would encourage you to explore it further.

As for flowers, all us pretty things die :) It's the time spent with the flowers before the slimy water comes that counts.

~ian

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Badaunt said...

I think it's a lovely picture.

You dislike astronomy and flowers for pretty much the same reason that I like them. (Slimy water aside, I mean.) They put things into perspective...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home