PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Saturday, April 01, 2006

April Fool's Day and Daylight Saving Time

  • I hate April Fool's Day, always have. It goes along with my hatred of the most common plot device in books and movies - lying. I suppose if everybody lied less, the movies and books would be much shorter (since chapters would not have to be expended in straightening everything out).

    Maybe they could write nicer stories about people getting along and telling each other the truth. Or make movies more like the ones below.



  • Here's what I posted last April Fool's Day, from Overheard in New York, a blog I don't read any more because it got too focused on perversity:

    Chick:I got a washing machine at home but it don't fit. I got too many clothes.
    Guy:Ain't you never heard of loads?
    Chick:What you mean?
    Guy:Doing it once at a time.
    Chick:Shoot, I be doing clothes forever if I do that shit.


  • Daylight Saving Time begins tonight, and that's ok with me, because I've been waking up around 4 every morning for weeks. Does that reveal my age? 5 is a much less frightening time to be waking up...

    I just found out our fearless leader has signed a law changing the dates of daylight-saving time, effective in 2007: daylight time will start three weeks earlier, March 11, and will end one week later, Nov. 4.


Technorati Tags: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We changed our clocks here in Indiana for the first time in over 30 years. People are so ticked off. I'm quietly applauding so that I don't get rocks thrown at me. Welcome to the 20th Century, Indiana!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home